May 17, 2011

A Little About Me

I suppose I should post something about me.  It's only polite.

I am retired from the 9 to 5 thing because it never really agreed with me.  We moved to the desert a little more than 5 years ago to get away from the rat race of Michigan.  It's nice and quiet here, and a bit dusty.  Ah well.

All of my children are finally adults, although they are making their way back home.  I don't mind.  My husband will never be adult and since we have been married 30 years, I'm accustom to the idea.  He keeps things not boring.

When we moved to the desert, I decided to take up the new hobby of Lapidary, since there is a big gem & mineral club here and everyone does it.  Grinding rocks into mud can be conplicated if you make it that way.  I tend to let the rock decide what it's going to look like.  Most cabochons I make are freeform. 

One of my other hobbies is crocheting.  I have hundreds of very old Irish Crochet patterns and I like transforming them into jewelry.  So my home is full of rocks and yarn.  

A crocheted creation -



And that's about it for today.  Commets are always welcomed!                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment