Jun 30, 2011

THE Petrified Wood

I saw a cabochon of some stuff called 'Hell's Canyon Petrified Wood' a few weeks ago.  At first glance I thought "This has to be man-made."  On closer inspection, I realized that it wasn't and that it was some of the most amazing lapidary material I'd ever seen.  It is petrified Sequoia and has some of the most beautiful patterns.  Since I have the internet, I did a little research and found the folks that have probably all of this that  exists.  Naturally, I purchased some.

It's even more amazing in person than the pictures I drooled over.  I suppose I sound like an advertisment, but I've been resisiting the urge to hoard this all for myself.  I'm certain I'll make a cab that goes right into my private stash.  Here's the first one I finished -




You can find that here, in my Etsy Shop.  Best of all, if you're a collector or do lapidary, you can get some of your own direct from the source.  Service Station Gems has a wonderful selection of rough, slabs and cabs, plus lots of other beautiful materials.  And they are haveing a sale over the holiday weekend.  You can't get much better than that!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is beautiful...I see why you drooled over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so much entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

    Lone Mountain Turquoise Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pieces.. do you sell wholesale as well.

    Rahul
    Owner
    Essentials Jewelry

    ReplyDelete